Year-long STEM Program with Paid Internship for Native Hawaiian High School Youth!
Please help us share this opportunity with Native Hawaiian high school on Kauaʻi, Oʻahu, Molokaʻi, Lānaʻi, and Hawaiʻi islands!
Applications are open for Project Hōkūlani- a culturally responsive, STEM skill development and college preparation program for Native Hawaiian high school students, housed at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa and funded by the U.S. Department of Education Native Hawaiian Education Program Grant.
Hōkūlani scholars will:
- Engage in hands-on science and technology activities
- Learn more about the connection between science and Native Hawaiian culture and practices
- Prepare for college applications and learn how to find college funding
- Complete a paid summer internship in a science, technology, engineering or math field
- Students that will be in grades 9, 10, 11 & 12 as of Fall 2022
- Attending any public, private or charter high school on Kauaʻi, Oʻahu, Molokaʻi, Lānaʻi, and Hawaiʻi islands
- Native Hawaiian students are encouraged to apply!
To learn more and apply visit: www.projecthokulani.com
Application Deadline: May 6, 2022 (Friday)
Hawaiʻi Island schools and programs can contact me at: email@example.com or (808) 990-7510, for information or to schedule an in-person information session.
Mahalo for sharing this opportunity with your networks!